The MRCOOL DIY series heat pump is the only ductless mini-split system on the market explicitly designed for amateur installation. You do not need any special tools or training to install this high efficiency heat pump. The line sets are precharged with R410A refrigerant with quick hook-up electrical connections and allows just about anyone to install a MRCOOL DIY mini-split system in their home in only a few short hours. If you want great air comfort without paying an arm and a leg for installation, you want an easy-to-use MRCOOL DIY series ductless heat pump system.
- You can install this innovative ductless system without special tools, equipment, or training.
- The system constantly monitors interior air temperature in order to deliver the maximum possible comfort.
- Precharged 25' Quick Connect Line sets. These unique line sets are a cinch to get working. You’ll probably do it in less than 15 minutes.
- We made Sleep Mode easy to program to save money, and let you sleep a little easier.
- Power outage? Don’t worry, the MRCOOL DIY auto restart will have the unit running again in no time at all.
- Live on the coast? Don’t worry, the condenser is built to resist long term corrosion.
- When the MRCOOL DIY detects low coolant an alarm will sound to alert you to the problem. This will prevent damage to the compressor while you maintain high air comfort.
- Horizontal louver will automatically move to the same position as you set last time the unit was turned on.
- Two way draining connections further simplify installation and add flexibility.
- Unlike any other ductless heat pump on the market, the MRCOOL DIY series mini-split system is specifically designed for easy, simple installation.
- Most people can’t do their own electrical work, and that’s why the quick electrical connections on the MRCOOL DIY is a feature many will appreciate.
- MRCOOL DIY temperature compensation technology helps keep you comfortable in any weather conditions.
- Refrigerant leakage detection ensures your system remains operating efficiently without degradation due to undetected corrosion.
- One of the most difficult aspects of typical heat pump installation is dealing with the refrigerant inside the coils. The MRCOOL DIY Series comes with precharged line sets avoiding one major obstacle to amateur installation in a single stroke.
||DIY-18-HP-C-230A / DIY-18-HP-WMAH-230A
||install this innovative ductless system easily.
||The system constantly monitors interior air temperature
||Precharged 410 Quick Connect Line sets.
||Sleep Mode easy to program to save money
||Horizontal louver will automatically keep the last position
||230 V. 1 Phase 60 Hz
|Max Breaker Size
||Indoor Unit: 12.56" Outdoor Unit: 21.81"
||Indoor Unit: 38" Outdoor Unit: 31.5"
||Indoor Unit: 8.46" Outdoor Unit: 13.11"
|Weight (in lbs)
||7 Years on Compressor and 5 Years Limited Warranty with Online Registration
You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to view PDF documents.
||PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
6 Customer review(s)
Actually installed unit 15 months ago so have been through a winter and summer cycle. I'm very pleased with unit - very quiet and does a good job of heating / cooling my detached 2 car plus garage / workshop. Only difficulity is maintaining Wi- Fi connection, and that is more likely due to location - detached garage with Wi-Fi extender.
Easy install works great. Does defrost mode when really cold quite often
Easy to install. Good to have two sets of hands for the interior unit but do able alone. My electric bill went down using the 24000 btu unit instead of two small window AC units. And it does a much better job. The heat works well and is also much cheaper than running my oil furnace.
Very easy installation less than 2hrs by myself even going to town for electrical wire.installed unit ran electrical wire, connected copper lines,turned on end of story hadn't touched it since settings temp.can not hardly hear unit running very quiet.i will be installing more units throughout my house.i live in the south and it's handling the heat well
Very good product. The AC works wonderful just waiting on heating season to see its full potential
Great diy a/c
Easy to install! Great a/c
July 07, 2018Mike asked:
Are shorter than 25 ft line sets available ?
Unfortunately there are not shorter line sets. What most customers do with the excess is roll the line set together and tie it to the condenser. Thanks!
August 01, 2017Mark asked:
Length of line set? Can longer line sets be purchased?
The line set on this unit is 25 feet long. Unfortunately the line set cannot be made longer or shorter. Thanks!
April 17, 2017Ben asked:
How much square feet does this unit cover?
This unit will cover up to 750 sq ft of space. Thanks!
April 10, 2017Kyle asked:
How does the indoor fan modulate its speed? Also, how is the defrost managed?
It does modulate fan speed. Unless you turn the power off entirely the fan will run even once your temperature set point is met. It will run very slowly and silently and the outdoor compressor will be off. The indoor fan always runs when on to gather the ambient temperature of the room. It runs at a fraction of an amp. As for defrost it will turn on the cooling mode at very low fan with the air vane deflecting the slight cool away from the conditioned space until the outdoor coils are melted.
March 27, 2017Crystal asked:
Can two sets of line be paired together for longer installation
Unfortunately, you cannot use more than one line set. Thanks!
Why Buy From Us?
Our dedicated staff works hard to ensure that all orders are handled quickly and efficiently to ensure that you get what you ordered as quickly as possible.
We provide a secure online shopping experience to protect your information. We also provide the option to checkout with PayPal to allow you to use a checkout service you are familiar with.
Our low price guarantee provides you with confidence and piece of mind, knowing you purchased a quality product at a great price
Amazing Customer Reviews