The Goodman® GSX16 UP TO 16 SEER Central Air Conditioner uses the environmentally friendly refrigerant R-410A and features energy efficiencies and operating sound levels that are among the best in the heating and air conditioning industry. R-410A is chlorine-free to help prevent damage to the ozone layer. The GSX16 features a high-efficiency Copeland® scroll compressor and is designed for the consumer who desires superior comfort, quiet operation, and environmentally friendly air conditioning performance.
In order to achieve the 16 SEER efficiency this central air conditioner must be installed with the manufacturer recommended evaporator coil, furnace, variable speed air handler, or variable speed modular blower and thermostatic expansion valve (TXV). A 16 SEER system will reduce your electric bill approximately 7% - 8% more than a 15 SEER system.
Please note that this air conditioning equipment comes pre-charged with R-410A liquid refrigerant and by Federal law cannot be released to the atmosphere. Yes, you can purchase this equipment without being EPA certified. And, if you are mechanically inclined you may perform about 90% of the equipment installation yourself. However, we strongly recommend to have a professional heating/cooling contractor do the final part of the installation including managing the refrigerant. An HVAC contractor has the tools and know-how to do this work.
Standard Features of this Central Air Conditioner
- R-410A environmentally friendly refrigerant
- High-efficiency Copeland® Ultratech scroll compressor
- Factory-installed filter dryer
- Fully charged for 15 feet of tubing length
- Copper tube/enhanced aluminum fin coil
- Sweat connection service valves with easy access to gauge ports
- Contactor with lug connection
- Ground lug connection
- AHRI Certified
- ETL Listed
- Unique Goodman® brand louvered sound control top design
- Steel louver coil guard
- Heavy-gauge galvanized-steel cabinet
- Attractive Architectural Gray powder-paint finish with 500-hour salt-spray approval
- Top and side maintenance access
- Single-panel access to controls with space provided for field-installed accessories
- When central air conditioner is properly anchored, meets the 2001 Florida Building Code unit integrity requirements for hurricane-type winds
The Goodman ASPT Multi-Position Air Handler with EEM (Energy-Saving) Motor is suitable for use with R-410A refrigerant and may be installed in a variety of locations. This air handler features a SmartFrame™ sub-structure that adds lateral stability, mounting locations for internal components, and additional insulation retention.
- All-aluminum evaporator coil
- Direct-drive, multi-speed ECM motor
- Internal factory-mounted TXV valve
- Transformer and blower time-delay on all units
- Easy single-bulb UV light compatibility
- Cabinet air leakage less than 2.0% at 1.0 inch H2O when tested in accordance with ASHRAE standard 193
- Cabinet air leakage less than 1.4% at 0.5 inch H2O when tested in accordance with ASHRAE standard 193
- AHRI Certified; ETL Listed
- New rigid SmartFrame™ cabinet
- 21 inch depth for easy attic access
- DecaBDE-free thermoplastic drain pan
- Galvanized leather grain-embossed finish
- Foil-faced insulation covers the internal blower case to reduce operating sound and cabinet condensation
- Glue-less cabinet insulation retention
- Screw-less sides & back prevents condensation
- Multi-position capability: upflow, downflow, horizontal or vertical
- Coil-mounting track for quick repositioning
- Tool-less filter access accommodates standard-size filters
- Multiple electrical knockouts
- Heavy-gauge bottom plate
5 Ton 16 SEER Goodman Air Conditioner Condenser
Goodman has always set its goals at superior comfort at a high efficiency, all the while balancing the unit’s cost. The GSX160601 is no exception, with its durability, reliability, and one of the highest efficiencies available.
- Ideal size to cover a larger house in ideal climates
- 5 ton, 16 SEER AC-only condenser
- Fully charged for up to 15’ of line set
- Low sound output
- Factory-installed filter drier
The GSX160601 AC-only condenser is 5 tons, normally enough to cover up to a larger house. Please note that in some cases, the system bundle pairs this unit with a larger tonnage coil to maintain the system’s efficiency.
The GSX160601 condenser is designed to be up to 16 SEER in ideal system configurations. Considered a high-efficiency, 16 SEER is around 12% more efficient than a 14 SEER system, saving you a lot of money in energy bills. 16 SEER efficiency ratings tend to be where cost meets efficiency, and is normally the best value for the efficiency.
The GSX160601 condenser comes with Goodman’s standard 10 year parts warranty with online registration through the manufacturer. An installation that follows your state and local codes is required for the warranty to be upheld.
Durability and Reliability
The cabinet of Goodman’s condensers are manufactured out of heavy-gauge galvanized-steel with a baked-on painted finish that is approved for 500 hours of salt spray. The durable cabinet of the GSX160601 is also compliant with 2010 Florida building code integrity requirements for hurricane-strength weather.
Installation and Maintenance
For easier maintenance, Goodman designed the GSX160601’s cabinet with two maintenance access panels: one on the top and one on the side. For easier installation, the GSX160601 is made with easy-access gauge ports and service valves with sweat connections. Both of these lower installation and maintenance times and costs, keeping money in your pocket for the things you care about most.
Comfort in Mind
Superior comfort has always been the primary goal for Goodman. The GSX160601 follows this goal, made with high-quality parts and even designed to have one of the lowest sound outputs on the market, thanks to superior sound-dampening and insulation technology. All of this makes you comfortable and lowers your bills while staying in-budget.
5 Ton Multi-Positional Goodman Air Handler
The Goodman ASPT61D14 air handler is designed with an efficient, energy-saving EEM motor and durable cabinet with multiple features that provide an easy installation. With this model, Goodman upholds its goals to bring efficiency and enhanced comfort to a cost-effective solution.
- 5 ton air handler
- Electric heat compatible
- Efficient multi-speed blower
- Multi-positional (upflow, downflow, or horizontal)
The Goodman ASPT61D14 air handler is rated for an output of 5 tons. In many cases, the tonnage of the air handler will be larger than the condenser that it is naturally paired with. This is intentional, and is to maintain the overall efficiency of the unit. While the unit does require a condenser to function as part of a heat pump or air conditioner, heat strips may be installed in the air handler to provide straight electric heating, which can be used as an electric furnace on its own or as a backup heat option for a heat pump setup.
The ASPT61D14 comes with Goodman’s standard 10 year parts warranty when registered online through the manufacturer. Please note that in order for the warranty to be upheld, the installation must be compliant to all related local and state codes, as well as the unit must be paired with an approved condenser.
Durability and Reliability
With its heavy-gauge cabinet structure and its all-aluminum evaporator to prevent general wear-and-tear, the Goodman ASPT61D14 air handler is durable in design, making it a reliable solution for your home.
Installation and Maintenance
The Goodman ASPT61D14 utilizes SmartFrame technology in its sub-structure. This, along with special mounting features on the cabinet, allows for the unit to be easily installed almost anywhere it fits, as it is multi-positional in that it can be installed in the upflow, downflow, or horizontal orientations. For easier maintenance, there is both a top and a side panel to access vital areas on the air handler.
The ASPT61D14 air handler lives up to Goodman’s comfort expectations with its multi-speed EEM motor, which provides a more precise and efficient temperature control.