Air conditioning options continue to expand, and so does the challenge to take products to new levels of comfort and customer satisfaction. Leading the trend of new options is the not-so-new but always-intriguing concept of mini split systems.
As traditional systems begin reaching the end of their serviceable life, consumers look to innovative companies like Mitsubishi, MRCOOL, Carrier and Daikin for replacement solutions that go beyond the predictable. As a distributor for Daikin mini split systems
and commercial air conditioning
, we're impressed with the quality they represent and the value that is available to customers.
Daikin ductless mini split systems
set the standard for their competitors to follow, with inverter type compressors, high SEER ratings and 21st century innovations, like WiFi connectivity and programmable timers. All this while offering their products at remarkably low prices, leaving little doubt why Daikin is the world's No. 1 air conditioning company.
The Essential Mini Split System
Unlike central air systems that have one air handler that connects to all rooms via ductwork, a mini split system utilizes an air handler that is not connected to any ductwork. Plus, the mini split system can have multiple air handlers, each creating its own micro climate in its assigned zone (room, usually) that is totally independent of the others.
In a mini split system, the only connection between the air handler(s) and the condenser are the refrigerant lines, which pass through a small hole in the exterior walls of the house.
Daikin's Mini Split Systems
Daikin air conditioners have long had a reputation for tight tolerances in manufacturing and excellent performance in the field. As the market turned more and more toward mini split systems, Daikin continued to rank as one of the most trusted brands in mini split systems.
When you rate Daikin products to comparable products made by other highly-respected brands like Mitsubishi, Fujitsu and LG, Daikin leads, or co-leads the others in nearly every aspect of the product - price, energy efficiency, noise, warranty, features and other aspects.
Daikin has standard features that no other brand has, and even if the other brands do have similar features, they're frequently offered as optional add-ons, at extra expense.
Daikin Mini Split Heat Pump
Much of Daikin's success can be attributed to the outstanding performance of its heat pumps. A heat pump is an air conditioner that can reverse the AC process and provide heat in the winter.
While all the brands now include variable speed inverter compressors in their mini split systems, Daikin set the industry standard with its line of compressors. In the comparison of 12,000 BTU systems, Daikin ranked No. 1 in heating efficiency.
The Daikin 12,000 BTU mini split system
includes the following important features:
- Four-speed fan motor
- Wireless remote control
- One-week timer (all other brands had 24-hour timer)
- WiFi. You can adjust your system from a remote location using a smart phone or tablet.
- Occupancy sensor (as standard; others were either optional or lacking). This feature adjusts the operation of the system according to whether the residence is occupied.
Across the board, regardless of unit size, you can rely on Daikin mini split systems for amazing value compared to their rivals. Examples include:
- Quiet indoor operation.
- Program Dry Function. Balances temperature and humidity for ultimate comfort.
- Wide Angle Louvers for thorough air flow.
- Low Ambient Cooling.
- Automatic Operation. No need to switch from cool to heat. The unit does it automatically.
- Self-Diagnosis. Malfunction codes alert you to issues so that you can resolve them before they get worse.
- Anti-corrosion. Outdoor coils are protected against weather elements.
Daikin Brand Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Daikin a good mini split? Daikin is a good mini split, one of the best, actually. In side-by-side comparisons against other brands, Daikin ranks at or near the top in virtually every category.
- How much does a Daikin mini split cost? While costs vary, based on the size and features of the unit, a Daikin 9,000 BTU mini split systems start at $875 and Daikin 12,000 BTU mini split systems start at $945.
- Is Daikin better than other mini split brands? Compared with similar mini split models from Mitsubishi, Fujitsu and LG, Daikin compares well in most categories, either leading or sharing the lead for performance, warranty and price. When comparing features, Daikin often includes its features as part of the base product while its competitors includes them as extras at additional expense.