Quick-rundown: A simple install DIY mini split AC & Heat Pump combo packed with 4 operating modes and Smart features for efficient year-round comfort in small to medium spaces at an unbeatable price.
With no special tools or training required, the Perfect Aire 3PAMSHQC12 simplifies the do-it-yourself installation. This 12,000 BTU unit comes with everything you need to enjoy comfort in rooms up to 500 square feet. Follow the step-by-step instructions to connect the outdoor condenser to the indoor blower with the included 25’ line set, and you’re choosing between 4 operating modes with the included remote control in no time. Take advantage of the built-in Smart features by downloading the Perfect Aire app to your smartphone or tablet, and you're controlling, programming, and monitoring your mini-split from anywhere with a wireless connection.
DIY vs Non-DIY
- No soldering, No refrigerant handling, No gauges, No vacuum pump or licensed contractor needed.
- Full warranty on compressor AND parts, even if you self install
- Cost of install: $0 plus your time invested to install the unit
- Price for unit with the additional install accessories needed for the installation is about 15% less(sounds like a great deal)
- Estimated cost average for professional installation by an HVAC technician about the same cost as the equipment or more
- Warranty in place but only if installed by a licensed HVAC company(no warranty otherwise)
The 4 Main Operating Modes
- Cooling: 12,000 BTUs to efficiently cool spaces up to 500 square feet.
- Heating: Efficient heat pump technology delivers 11,500 BTUs of heat, good for spaces up to 450-500 square feet.
- This unit allows you to set your desired temperature from 62 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dehumidify: Enable DRY mode and the unit acts as a dehumidifier, removing more moisture than air conditioning alone. In this mode, you can remove 1.5 liters of moisture per hour, almost matching the energy factor of best-selling portable dehumidifier brands.
- Fan Only: The unit offers 4 fan speeds in any operating setting or use the fan mode alone to circulate fresh air throughout your space.
Energy Saving Modes
- AUTO Mode: A “set it and forget it” feature for eliminating guesswork. With your desired temperature set, enable AUTO mode and your mini split will choose the most appropriate operating mode to achieve maximum comfort in your space.
- SLEEP Mode: Save energy and money by enabling SLEEP mode. The unit will adjust the temperature by 2 degrees towards a less costly operation: every hour for the first 2 hours, then locks in that optimal running state for the next 5 hours, before it shuts off automatically.
The 2PAMSHQC12 model has a built in wireless smart controller. Simply download the Perfect Aire app, connect your smartphone or tablet, and you have a virtual remote controller. Switch between modes and program run times anywhere with a wi-fi connection.
Other Cool Features
Programmable Timer and Mode Scheduling
4 Fan Speeds
- Set your system to turn on and off to save energy and money: Set TIMER ON and TIMER OFF times in 30-minute increments up to 10 hours, then 1-hour increments afterwards.
- With the Perfect-Aire app and a Wi-Fi connection, you can even schedule times for the different modes to run – all from a smartphone or tablet.
- Press the FAN SPEED button on the remote to cycle through Auto, Low, Medium, and High and find one that suits any situation.
Auto-Swing Louvers & Angle Memory
- In case of a power outage, the unit will automatically restart and revert to your settings once power is restored.
The Turbo Button
- The Louvers can be set to automatically swing back and forth for an even air distribution. Press the “SWING” button on your remote to start and stop.
- Louver Angle Memory – Keep your previously set louver direction every time you power on your unit.
- Hit this button on the remote to reach a desired temperature even faster. Your best friend when having guests over.
Refrigerant Leakage Detection, Self-Cleaning, & Self-Diagnostics
- Turn off the unit from COOL, AUTO, or DRY modes and the unit will operate in a super low-power state to dry up the condensed water many other AC units leave behind, preventing the mildew problem many have known with other AC solutions.
- The indoor unit will automatically display “EC” when it detects refrigerant leakage.
- LED Display codes on the indoor blower keep you in the know, letting you rest assured your timer was successfully set, indicating whether the unit is in defrost mode, self-cleaning mode, or simply indicating it is time to change your air filter.
The Critical Components
Anti-Corrosive Condenser & Inverter Compressor
- Perfect Aire single-zone units use a golden hydrophilic condenser to accelerate the defrosting process, improving the heating efficiency. This unique anti-corrosive condenser can withstand salty air, rain, and other corrosive elements.
- The inverter compressor is programmed to run at optimum speed; set by the input frequency as it varies between heat requirements. This allows the unit to curb drastic temperature swings, keeping your space comfortable. Inverters use a different rotation speed than regular compressors, out-performing them in quietness, efficiency, and longevity.
|AHRI Certificate Number
||25' Precharged Line Sets
|Decibel Level (dBA)
||Indoor - Variable 25-38 DB
||115V 1 Phase 60 Hz
|Max Breaker Size
|Min. Breaker Size
||Indoor Unit: 11" Outdoor Unit: 23"
||Indoor Unit: 32-7/8" Outdoor Unit: 31-7/8"
||Indoor Unit: 8-11/16" Outdoor Unit: 11"
|Weight (in lbs)
||1 Year Unit Replacement / 7 Year Compressor / 7 Year Parts
You will need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader to view PDF documents.
||PROPOSITION 65 WARNING
4 Customer review(s)
Easy install, works perfectly
Purchased 12k BYu model. Unconventional install as it was on an interior wall. Ram through attic. Took a couple hours over two days. Up and running great. Instructions are easy to follow.
Passed the first test of 30 F temps OK
This unit is installed in a detached hobby workshop finished-off to residential standards for insulation, etc. It has an insulated wood floor structure. It replaces baseboard electric heat and window AC. Works great on hot days. The sizing calculations seem to be based on having the unit available to run continuously. I'm in my shop only in the afternoons so I have found that on cold days I should program the unit to come on 1 to 3 hours before I go out there... Thankfully that is easy to do with the smartphone app. If this unit stays reliable, I should be happy with my decision to purchase and self-install this DIY mini-split.
Great quality. Superior customer service.
I purchased the 24000 BTU DIY Perfect Aire model. Its a beautiful unit, very easy to install. Works fantastic. I will be buying another unit for the second floor.
Would definitely recommend to friends & family Awesome Unit!
Amazing System, easy to install & super quite when running
April 18, 2020Joseph Trotti asked:
Can the line set be shortened at all?
Unfortunately this system only comes with a 25' line set and you cannot shorten it. Most customers coil the remaining line set and secure it on the back of the condenser.
January 22, 2020Russ Turpin asked:
Outside temperature range for heater
The DIY units are able to provide heat to about 15 degrees F outside temperature - Thanks
Why Choose Prefect Aire?
Perfect Aire ductless mini-split air conditioners and heat pumps are the cutting edge of what modern, flexible fabrication can produce. These mini-split systems rely on state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and advanced design to deliver high efficiency.
Why Buy From Us?
Our dedicated staff works hard to ensure that all orders are handled quickly and efficiently to ensure that you get what you ordered as quickly as possible.
We provide a secure online shopping experience to protect your information. We also provide the option to checkout with PayPal to allow you to use a checkout service you are familiar with.
Our low price guarantee provides you with confidence and piece of mind, knowing you purchased a quality product at a great price
See What Our Customers are Saying