If you’re looking to reduce your energy bill and improve the comfort of your home, look no further than Goodman’s GCES800403AX. This gas furnace features efficient operation and high-quality construction to provide your home with reliable, affordable heating. The GCES800403AX single-stage, multi-speed furnace is a great value designed for many applications.
- This furnace is ideal to heat a smaller house (depending on climate)
- 40,000 BTU 80% efficient natural gas furnace
- Requires metal flue venting
- Can be used in the downflow or horizontal orientation
- Can be converted to an LP furnace with a conversion kit (sold separately)
- Innovative design for electrical efficiency, safety, and lower sound output
Low NOx Compliant
In California, many counties have a lower NOx emission requirement than the rest of the United States. The GMES800403AX Goodman gas furnace is California Low NOx compliant. With a built-in low emission filter, this Goodman gas furnace produces less nitrogen oxides to be released into the atmosphere, lowering the overall amount of toxic greenhouse gases output of the average California home.
Please note that this furnace cannot be installed in the following counties in California: Fresno, Joaquin, Kern, Kings, Los Angeles, Madera, Merced, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Stanislaus, and Tulare. In these counties you are required to purchase an Ultra Low NOx furnace. If you have any questions please contact us.
The GCES800403AX Goodman gas furnace is suitable in output for a small house in ideal climate conditions. At 40,000 BTU’s, this furnace size is the smallest furnace that Goodman has to offer. The BTU count is the input per hour of the furnace, and the output is 32,000 BTU’s (40,000 x 80% AFUE) per hour.
80% Efficiency Rating
The GCES800403AX Goodman gas furnace has the basic efficiency rating in furnaces on the market today. At 80% efficient, the furnace loses only 20% of fuel going into it to normal furnace operation, and the remaining 80% is used to heat your house. All 80% furnaces such as this one require metal flue venting, and furnaces that are 90% efficient or higher require plastic/pvc flue venting.
Single Stage Furnace
A single stage furnace operates using the same amount of energy every time is turns on. The GCES800403AX Goodman gas furnace operates using only one heat output. This furnace will operate at 100% output whenever it is operating.
Natural Gas or LP Furnace
From the factory, the GCES800403AX runs on natural gas. However all Goodman gas furnaces can be converted to propane using the furnace’s corresponding LP conversion kit, an optional accessory at an additional cost that consists of a replacement set of orifices and springs.
Multi-Speed ECM Blower Motor
The GCES800403AX utilizes a multi-speed ECM motor, which is more efficient than older PSC blower motors, saving you money in electric bills.
With installation that follows your state and local codes and with online registration, all Goodman furnaces come with a 10-year parts and lifetime heat exchanger warranty through the manufacturer.
Durable Hot Surface Igniter
Instead of a standing pilot light, the GCES800403AX has a newer, more efficient hot surface igniter. Hot surface igniters are much more efficient and safer than standard standing pilot lights.
Self-Diagnostic Control Board
The Goodman brand has improved technology from years of production experience, allowing for a long-lasting product that rarely runs into any operation-based problems. However, if the furnace does need maintenance or warranty work, the control board has a set of sensors that will identify any basic problems in the furnace’s basic operation.
Heavy Gauge Steel Cabinet
The GCES800403AX Goodman gas furnace has a durable outer cabinet. The heavy-gauge steel used in the furnace’s design allows for a more protected interior, and less air leakage from the furnace’s operation, resulting in a more quiet operation while still decreasing operation costs.
Ease of Installation
From enhanced operation to efficiency, the Goodman gas furnaces have a lot to offer. However, Goodman’s features don’t stop at quality of unit. The GCES800403AX allows for a significantly more streamlined installation process with its universal design, consisting of its ability to be installed in either downflow or horizontal configurations, lowering labor costs.